What’s Wrong with This Outfit?
I asked that question in my Stop Stressing About Dressing private group on FaceBook, and although most were not a fan of this titled “Power Outfit”, nobody was able to point out why it isn’t flattering on this model.
Here’s why this outfit is NOT right for her and likely not for you either:
- Her arms are very long, and these sleeves are way too short for her which makes her look like the jacket is too small for her.
- She needs to wear a top under this jacket or wear a jacket that buttons up higher as the open neckline is way out of proportion for her shape and height.
- Lose the socks!! Why oh why did the stylist put white socks on her??? They visually chop up her legs and make them look too thin and yes, legs can look too thin.
- The shoes without socks are barely ok, but sandals would have been so much better.
- Large pockets on the hips rarely flatter anyone…even a thin model.
- Either shorter shorts, ankle, or full-length pants would be much more flattering for her proportions.
- This very dull color diminishes her beautiful coloring and features.
The details that make an outfit or piece of clothing work, or not, for each woman vary greatly. Here is a tall, thin, and beautiful woman in an outfit that makes her look like she’s wearing somebody else’s ill-fitting clothes and takes away from her beauty.
Proof, that thin is NEVER the reason why clothes don’t look as great on you as you hoped they would. Learning which clothes are right for YOU, no matter your size or age is how you can finally stop feeling overwhelmed and insecure.
If you’re ready for new outfits that will make you look stylish, thinner, younger, and taller, please pick a time here for a complimentary Know What To Wear call with me and I’ll show you how you can finally stop stressing about dressing.
Scarlett DeBease, Professional Image Consultant and Wardrobe Stylist, is the founder of “The Always Know What To Wear Program™“. As an Image Consultant, Speaker & Savvy Personal Shopper, she shows women how to project confidence & success by always knowing what to wear. As a bonus, Scarlett’s tips will help you Look Younger, Thinner and Taller while projecting Confidence & Success as you now will be wearing the clothes that fit and flatter you the most. Scarlett believes women deserve Real-Overs, not makeovers.
Visit her at: www.scarlettimage.com/