Spicy Cranberry Margaritas
Recipe courtesy Stop and Shop
Infusing tequila with heat for fancy cocktails is as simple as combining the spirit in a jar with jalapeño slices and refrigerating it for a day.
- Serves 6 | Ready in 10mins Prep time 10mins | 236 calories per serving
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 2 cups white tequila
- 1 cup Nature’s Promise Organic 100% Cranberry Juice Blend
- 1 cup fresh lime juice (from 8-10 limes)
- 1 ½ cups Triple Sec
- Cut stem from the jalapeño. Thinly slice jalapeño and add to a jar, along with the tequila. Seal with lid, shake, and refrigerate 1 day.
- Through a fine-mesh sieve, strain the tequila into a medium (2-3 qt) pitcher, discarding the jalapeño slices and seeds. Stir in the cranberry juice, lime juice, and triple sec. Serve over ice.
Upgrade: Freeze cranberries into cubes of ice to serve in these festive cocktails.
To salt rims of glassware, add coarse salt to a small plate. Run a lime wedge around the edge of an empty glass to wet the rim, then dip into the salt. Add ice cubes to each glass and pour margaritas over.