Dating Advice: Subtle Red Flags
It’s easy to recognize big red flags that are clearly waving in your face when you’re dating, like signs of verbal, emotional, physical or sexual abuse.
But what about the less obvious red flags? In this video, I share the more subtle red flags that could save you heartache and pain if you recognize them early on in the dating process.
Why We Ignore These Subtle Red Flags
• They’re not obvious during the early days of dating
• The person is intentionally hiding their true self
• We see our date through rose-colored glasses during the infatuation stage of dating
• We don’t trust our own intuition and judgment
• We’re afraid of calling the person out
• We have poor boundaries or low self-esteem
• We believe this is as good as it gets
• We’ve been raised to minimize red flags as harmless
10 Less Obvious Red Flags
- They are too busy to date consistently
- They talk about their crazy exes a lot
- They trauma bond with you
- They are jealous/don’t trust you
- Their home is a mess
They mismanage money
- They flirt with others and deny that it means anything
- The relationship progresses too quickly
- They don’t communicate consistently
- They lack emotional intimacy
Have you ever overlooked any of these less obvious red flags? If so, you’re not alone. The good news is that knowledge is power, and the faster you recognize these signs, the better. If you do notice any of them show up early on in the dating process, talk about it. Get curious and see what they say. It might be a misunderstanding. They might be willing to amend their behavior. If so, keep dating them. If they’re in denial or make YOU the problem, walk away with your head held high, knowing you got out before you got in too deep.
If you’re feeling stuck in dating and relationships and would like to finally find love, sign up for a complimentary 45-minute love breakthrough session with Sandy and explore how private coaching can help! https://lastfirstdate.com/application
Join Your Last First Date on Facebook https://facebook.com/groups/yourlastfirstdate
Get a copy of Sandy’s books, Becoming a Woman of Value; How to Thrive in Life and Love and Choice Points in Dating: Empowering Women to Make Healthier Decisions in Love.
Sandy Weiner, Dating Coach and Chief Love Officer of Last First Date, is devoted to helping women achieve healthy, off-the-charts love in the 2nd half of life. She’s an internationally known dating coach, blogger, radio host, communications expert, and TEDx speaker. Discover why men disappear...and how to finally attract the love you deserve. http://lastfirstdate.com