Ask a Nurse: Weight Loss Drink, Safety Tips, Titer Test
Ann Genovesi is back with more tips today. She shares a simple morning drink that can rev up your metabolism and help with weight loss. Devices and things you should be sanitizing. And did you ever hear of a titer test? Read on.
Weight loss morning drink
- 1 Tablespoon lime
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp ginger
Mix above in 8 ounces water.
Drink every morning before eating.
Tips for Staying Healthy
- Clean your mobile devices, gently, use an alcohol swab or sanitizing wipes.
- Clean doorknobs, telephones (mouthpiece) and light switches. (If anyone is sick in your house, spray them with a disinfectant every time someone uses them)
- Every few days clean your sponge/rag that you use to wash dishes, etc. soak them in bleach, microwave them for 1-2 minutes or run through the dishwasher.
- And use new ones often.
- Use a new toothbrush often
- Lastly, don’t touch your face!
What’s a Titer Test?
Ann also suggests that before you get certain vaccine (we’re not talking the Covid vaccine )like a flu shot, measles shot, booster shot, etc., have your doctor do a “Titer”test to see if you are already immune.
Titer Test Explained
An antibody titer test is used to determine if you’ve had previous infections and whether or not you need certain immunizations. This test can be used to determine the following:
- if you need a booster shot
- whether you recently had or currently have an infection
- whether your immune system has a strong response to your own tissues, possibly indicating an autoimmune disorder
- whether an immunization triggers a strong enough response against the disease it’s meant to protect you against
Ann Genovesi (pictured near left) has been an RN for almost 30 years. She has worked in many different fields of nursing. When she started having kids, she mostly did private duty and also worked with hospice for a few years. She and her best friend from 5th grade, a Social worker, started Lily Martin Care. It is a private concierge home care service to help families find caregivers and caregivers find families. They can help with companionship, aides, nursing, and more! Both Stephanie Chapman, LMSW and Ann Genovesi, RN were called to found Lily Martin Care because of personal experiences they had with their own families. Ann has many different tips for health care.