Arugula~Watercress Herb Dip
No need to shy away from dips due to the high fat content. I have concocted my own version using cottage cheese that is not only guilt free but versatile to use for afternoon tea sandwiches, canapés or a dip for crudités and fruit. The greens and herbs may be substituted to your personal preferences. This recipe literally only takes a few minutes to prepare with big results.
Ellen Easton’s ARUGULA ~ WATERCRESS HERB DIP
- 16 OZ Cottage Cheese
- (I use 4% Milkfat Min. Lactose Free by Lactaid)
- 1-Cup Fresh Arugula; 1-Cup Fresh Watercress
- 1 ripe lemon, cut in half and pitted
- 1-teaspoon Rosemary, fresh or ground
- 1-teaspoon Reva Paul’s Seasoning Mix: 2.5 Tablespoons garlic powder; 2.5 Tablespoons onion powder; 1- teaspoon salt; ½ teaspoon black pepper.
Place all ingredients in jar. Shake to mix. Will hold in an airtight jar at room temperature in a dark cabinet for several months.
Place the cottage cheese into a Cuisinart, blender or mixer bowl. Adds greens, the juice of the lemon, rosemary and seasoning mix. Pulsate or blend to a slightly chunky- smooth consistency. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to seven days. Yields 2 cups.
Photos and Text ©Ellen Easton