10 quick wins for a clutter-free life …
And I typically say, “You can either go big or go fast … it all depends on how you’re feeling in the moment.”
So, today, let’s focus on some quick wins and next week we can dig a bit deeper for the larger wins.
For now, join me on the Organization Express—choo choo!
1. Clear Your Workspace
• Remove any unnecessary items from your desk or workspace.
• Sort and put away loose papers and documents, like-with-like.
• Wipe down your workspace.
2. Tackle a Single Drawer
• Choose one drawer that either often accumulates clutter or has been ignored too long.
• Remove everything from the drawer and sort items into like-with-like categories.
• Return only essential items to the drawer, discarding or relocating the rest.
3. Optimize Your Email Inbox
• Unsubscribe from newsletters or promotional emails you no longer need or want.
• Create folders or labels to categorize and prioritize incoming emails, then set up at least one rule or filter.
• Archive or delete old emails that are no longer relevant.
4. Declutter Your Bag or Purse
• Empty the contents of your bag onto a clean surface.
• Remove any trash, receipts, coupons, or expired items.
• Organize essential items, such as keys, wallet, and phone, in designated pockets or compartments.
5. Sort and Purge Your Closet
• Take a quick look at one closet and identify items you no longer wear because you don’t love them—they are not in good shape OR they are not flattering.
• Put them all into a donation bag and set it by the exit to your home.
• Pick up any clothes on the floor, doorknob or hook and hang up or toss in the hamper.
• Remove any broken hangers or empty hangers from the cleaners still lingering.
6. Create a Mini To-Do List
• Jot down the top three tasks you need to complete today.
• Prioritize them based on urgency or importance.
• Make 3 appointments with yourself on your calendar over the next 48 hours to get these things done.
7. Organize Your Digital Files
• Create folders on your computer inside your Downloads or Documents folders to categorize documents.
• Move files from your Downloads Folder into their new specific, appropriate folders.
• Delete any unnecessary files or duplicates.
8. Refresh Your Fridge
• Quickly check the expiration dates of food items.
• Toss expired or spoiled items.
• Wipe down shelves and drawers to maintain cleanliness.
9. Clear Your Mind with a Brain Dump
• Take a notepad or open a digital document.
• Write down all the thoughts, tasks, and ideas swirling in your mind.
• Review the list and determine the next steps for each item.
10. Establish a 5-Minute Nightly Routine
• 90 minutes before bed, spend 5 minutes tidying up your living space.
• Put away items that are out of place and fluff pillows on the couch.
• Load or unload the dishwasher—don’t go to bed with dishes in the sink.
• Pick out your clothes and any essentials for the next day.
Remember, small steps can lead to significant transformations—you don’t need hours of unstructured time to have a major impact.
By dedicating just a few minutes each day to any of these quick organizational tasks, you’ll start to experience the peace and productivity that come with a clutter-free life.
Here’s to more love and less stuff!
Andrew and the Declutter Dream Team
It’s baa-aack! Our last LIVE De-Stress Your Mess Challenge of 2023!
It starts on August 7, 2023, and for 5 days you’ll be with me and my team live as I share all of my best tips on decluttering and organizing—along with exclusive bonuses! Save your spot today by clicking here >