(Hey, she has to vent somewhere.)
The NYC Insiders Guide
for women who aren't kids
PTA Mom is the mother of three young kids age 6 and under who somehow either start out in the bed or end up there at some point during the night. She has a demanding job trying to make stuff up all day, coaches’ softball and cheerleading teams--which is like herding cats, a husband who at all times would rather be golfing and has a nanny with a tramp stamp. She loves red wine, Ciroc vodka and has gotten pretty good at the BBQ. Do not ask her to ever do the laundry as she doesn’t separate whites from darks and thinks Mr. Clean is really one of those hot bald guys. Come visit on a Friday during the summer and you are bound to hear some bad Karaoke. Just don’t ask her to remove the bag or you’d see her forked tongue.
She chooses to remain anonymous. Do you blame her?
Tomato Vines- What’s Sprouting
My top 10 news picks this week
10. Dell’s just launched a female-targeted microsite called Della and is lambasted by Teressa Iezzi in Ad Age. Because all we females really want is for our computers to cuddle with us.
9. And so the helicopter rides to the Hamptons begin. Taking with it the peacefulness of neighborhoods all over Long Island.
8. Vietnam outlaws dancing while karaokeing. How are they going to do a kickline while singing "New York, New York?"
7. Newsweek article claims that women over 50 would have a better sex life if they had a more able partner. I have three words for them: Get a Vibrator.
6. Time Warner ends relationship with AOL in a text message saying “U R dumped…sorry”
5. President Obama has a $30,000 per plate fundraiser in Beverly Hills. Overheard at the dinner: “this economy is really killing us.”
4. Kansas girl, Kavya Shivashankar , wins National Spelling Bee by spelling 'Laodicean'. Now if only she can spell her last name.
3. Phil Spector is getting 19 years to life in prison. After seeing Phil’s mug shot, even his cell mate is scared.
2. Openly gay teen voted prom queen at LA high school. He wore a suit on prom night, but said "don't be fooled: Deep down, I am a queen."
1. While in New York, Prince Harry is playing in a charity polo match sponsored by Veuve Clicquot. Just make sure he doesn’t snort the sponsor prior to playing.